“Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!” ~Amanda Bradley
Today marks two whole years to the day Positive Provocations came into being. Me being the celebration junkie, I’m celebrating this milestone. At the time of its conception, I had only one thought and that was to “help and heal” all those who came to this little heavenly space. In my eyes I still think its a little piece of heaven, cause here no negativity exists. I refuse to let negativity enter the door to this space. In doing so, negativity has walked out of my life too. Its kind of the added benefit of starting this blog
The few major positive changes that have come into my life since starting Positive Provocations two years back:
1. Met amazing like minded friends- who I share so much with, learn so much from and feel amazingly safe with.
2. Helped and Healed so many- which was my ultimate goal with this blog. The free counseling has become part of my everyday life now. In helping other people with their pain, I have forgotten I ever had any.
3. Enhanced Writing ability- Ok I have to admit, I have won a lot of essay competitions in school and college, but writing here has really really polished all that to a completely different level. Some even say I have become a good writer..I blush at the compliment, but I have yet far far to go in that department.
4. The Most Major Positive advantage of starting Positive Provocations: LESS STRESS!(which happens to be the theme of Raoka)
“For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.” ~Lily Tomlin
I have a major confession to make. I wasn’t always this calm, cool, happy, nothing can phase me kind of person. Once upon a time, years and years back, I was NUTS! So much so that some of my friends would call me ZeeNUT Ok, it kind of made fun of the name too, but essentially cause I was such a freak pot and fuss pot. I would freak, get irritated and angry at the drop of a hat. And my fussy tantrums are still legendary to some friends and relatives.
When I started, my spiritual journey and looking within, this did come under control, although not completely. But, after starting the blog, it has all magically disappeared. I think its mainly cause of the amazing energy the comes from all the readers and visitors coupled with my focus to learn more and apply it all to my life.
In sharing and caring Stress has effortlessly disappeared from my life. And today Is a celebration of that too. NO Stress in my life. woohoo! Only Infinite Core Happiness
Other than starting this blog and getting on my spiritual journey, there are few simple yet practical habits I have adopted over the years to keep my stress levels in check. Here they are:
- Pray- For atleast five minutes a day, have that heart to heart with the Divine Maker. Best way to let it all out and leave it all to the Divine Plan.
- Meditate- For three minutes daily try the self healing meditation. Its the super awesome way to cut through the anger and agitation. Makes the heart, mind and soul calm.
- Walk- 15-20 minutes of walking or strolling can rejuvenate the body and mind. I often get all my best ideas while on my walk.
- Cook- I have always loved eating and hence have always loved cooking good food. But only a few years back did I realize how much it helped me calm down. Today I cook everyday…something anything, but I feel my day is incomplete without that little act of cooking.
- Clean- Whether its de-cluttering your home, spring cleaning or just plain doing the dishes, it all can be highly therapeutic. If you can completely immerse yourself in that act. When you’re completely mindful of the task at hand, all other worries seem to melt away. Next time you do the dishes, JUST do the dishes…pay attention to doing just the dishes and nothing else.
The past year I added some enhancements to the blog and me. From adding another Ebook-Your Self Healing Starter Kit, to being handed Raoka from the darling Lori Luv, to becoming a contributing writer for Evolving Beings, to doing my first ever ever Video interview for the lovely Suzie and her Change Warrior Project. I personally feel this past year has been full of a lot of happy firsts. All of which I have enjoyed immensely.
The Year to come on Positive Provocations will include:
More Articles, More Happiness, More Writers sharing their heart and soul, More subscriber only content(other than the newsletter), More Ebooks, More Life altering/soul searching Series of articles, More New columns….. among a few More things which are a little hush hush now But all in all MORE Positive Provocations for You the amazing Reader, without whose support this blog would not be anything it is today. I do love you all. Thank you!
“Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” ~Etty Hillesum
Although I do so much, online and offline, I rarely feel the stress of it all now. Its not because I’m impervious to it….but infact its because I am consciously making the effort to relax. Really taking my time to do everything, but at its own pace. I let my heart guide me to what it is I have to do and how it is I have to do it. No rush, no stress…just calm peaceful breaths and a heart to guide me.
Now I want to hear from YOU! What are YOUR thoughts?
When was the last time you celebrated No Stress? Have you really taken the time to just breathe lately?
On another note-What other things would you like to see and read on Positive Provocations? Any topics you want me to write about…suggest away. I’m listening.
Do share your thoughts in the comments below and if you liked this article please share it on facebook and twitter with the sharing buttons below.
Other Raoka Crusaders and their Less Stress contributions:
~M @ The Exception wrote Remedy for Stress
With Immense Love & Gratitude,
Counseling Psychologist/Spiritual Counselor