“If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
As I enter a new year into my life, I choose to celebrate(Its my Birthday.YAY!). I choose also to shed the 30 from the 34 and embrace the 4 year old IN me. Yippeee….
You see, very very early on in life I had to grow up. I had no choice then. The circumstances needed that from me and I did the best I could being an adult in a childs body. Hence, my childhood never came.
Today though, I have another choice. I have the choice to embrace the child in me and LIVE in Magic.
Isn’t a 4 year old’s life perception the best?
- ~They believe in magic, in imagination, in fairy-tales.
- ~They never get bored. They can entertain themselves anywhere(even in the loo!).
- ~They have no regard for money, gizmos, gadgets and all the material possessions, cause one little notepad and box of crayons can make them travel realms of awesomeness.
- ~They dont hold on to pain, nor do they take longer than 1 minute to get back to their normal fun self even if, by chance, something doesn’t go their way.
- ~They are always excited and open to new and new adventures.
- ~They are constantly positive and happy. They dont need reason to be happy, they just are.
I have decided to make the choice to BE a 4 year old for the rest of my life. Yup, even when I’m 80 and have grand-kids roaming my rooms, I’ll still play, love, enjoy and believe in magic and marvel in the wonder of all that is In and Around me. Lets hope my hips dont give way till then 😉
My darling hubby often says, “when will you grow up Zee?” and I still and will forever say “NEVER.na na na na…” 🙂
The only thing I would like to shed from this 4 year old me is the ability to throw a tantrum! (ok…only sometimes 😉 )
This does not mean I want to run away from my older self’s responsibilities, but it only means that I want to do it all with fun, play, wonder, happiness, innocence and delight. I never want to lose that sense of awe and wonder from even seeing a falling leaf….I don’t want to miss anything. My 4 year old self doesn’t really miss anything and seriously can be bought off with ice cream, chocolates and loving hugs. Isn’t that the best kind of currency? 🙂
There is silent affirmation I’d like to share with you, that I use on most days when things are tough, to reconnect with the child in me:
“I close my eyes and I peacefully rest in the light of the Divine.
I Inhale and exhale the light and rest in the knowingness that all is well.
I acknowledge I have created a dis-ease in my body as I was holding on to past pain and hurts and failed to purify my soul and heart with deep forgiveness.
I let go of all pain NOW and am filling my heart and soul with Divine Light and Magic.
Emerge little child Happily Emerge.”
Who is with me? Who pledges to remain a 4 year old forever?? Oh and while you are here for my 4th Birthday Forever, do say a little prayer for me. Thank you so so much!
With Immense Love & Gratitude,
Counseling Psychologist/Spiritual Counselor
Please Share Positive Provocations: If you like what you read and see here, please spread the word by sharing this article on your favorite social networks. I appreciate every bit of love and support from each and every one of you.
Other Related Positive articles you may like to read:
- How to Rejuvenate each and every Relationship in your life ~ Happy Relationships Series
- 5 simple steps to Positively becoming a Whiz at Prioritization
- Answering the Call of the Soul – Enlightenment, Bliss, God
- 9 Simple Ways to Get Rid of a Negative Mindset