Love is all that Matters!
For those who know me, know that I’m a quotes junkie. A very very avid one at that too. But although I love quotes, cause they are SO full of wisdom and life lessons, my favorite kind of quotes are Love Quotes.
Other than the fact that I’m such a mushy mushy girl at heart, the other reason is that LOVE in itself encompasses all emotions and all facets of our existence in itself. Love is all that matters, be it romantic love, self love, world love or Divine love. Love is all there is in every cell of me and you.
So this week, I would like to share thoughts/quotes about love by famous personalities who I have admired and keep admiring. Their words are timeless, inspiring and touch the heart and soul in ways I can’t put into words. You need to *feel* each quote within.
These are 54 of the most Healing and Inspiring Love Quotes. Enjoy!
54 Love Quotes that promise to Heal and Inspire
- “Every person has to love at least one bad partner in their lives to be truly thankful for the right one.”
- “Love is what you’ve been through with somebody.”
~ James Thurber
“If you love a flower, don’t pick it up. Because if you pick it up, it dies and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation.”
- “The best proof of love is trust.”
~ Joyce Brothers
- “A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.”
~ Honore de Balzac
- “For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.”
~ Carl Sagan
- “Fortune and love favor the brave.”
- “Love is not only something you feel, it is something you do.”
~ David Wilkerson
- “Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.”
~ Wayne Dyer
- “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”
~ Anaïs Nin
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
~ A. A. Milne
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”
~ Charles Schulz
- “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “We are most alive when we’re in love.”
~ John Updike
- “The love we give away is the only love we keep.”
~ Elbert Hubbard
- “The giving of love is an education in itself.”
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The more one judges, the less one loves.”
~ Honore de Balzac
- “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.”
~ Ingrid Bergman
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
~ Lao Tzu
- “The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain. Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter’s oven? And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives? When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see in truth that you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”
~ Kahlil Gibran
- “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.”
~ Andre Breton
- “Love is a better teacher than duty.”
~ Albert Einstein
- “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.”
~ Erich Segal
- “The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.”
~ Henry Miller
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
~ Oprah Winfrey
- “You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
~ Dr. Seuss
- “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.”
~ Khalil Gibran
- “’Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson
- “Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.”
~ Vincent Van Gogh
- “The art of love is largely the art of persistence.”
~ Albert Ellis
- “If you would be loved, love, and be loveable.”
~ Benjamin Franklin
- “Love does not dominate; it cultivates.”
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.”
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever.”
~ Leo Buscaglia
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
- “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.”
~ Lao Tzu
- “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.”
~ Julia Roberts
- “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.”
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.”
~ Alfred Tennyson
- “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.”
~ Helen Keller
- “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.”
~ Oscar Wilde
- “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.”
~ James Baldwin
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
~ Lucille Ball
- “Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.”
~ Rainer Maria Rilke
- “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.”
~ Morrie Schwartz
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.”
~ Herman Hesse
- “I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.”
~ Roy Croft
- “Love is a friendship set to music.”
~ Joseph Campbell
- “We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.”
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “When we are in love we seem to ourselves quite different from what we were before.”
~ Blaise Pascal
- “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.”
~ Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.”
~ The Notebook
- “There’s no substitute for a great love who says, ‘No matter what’s wrong with you, you’re welcome at this table.”
~ Tom Hanks
What are your favorite love quotes? Share them in the comments and please feed the quotes junkie in me 🙂
Thank you SO much for being here today! If you’re new here, please subscribe for free updates by email(with Positive Happiness Goodies). And, if this article touched your heart, please take a moment to share it on your favorite social networks. Every share, like or tweet makes me reach more people who need a positive healing nudge in their lives. I appreciate you!
For Online Counseling with me please CLICK HERE!
With Immense Love & Gratitude,
GET YOUR ‘POSITIVE HAPPINESS GOODIES’!!!
Get the latest articles(FREE) as soon as they are published, by Email OR RSS.PLUS if you are an Email Subscriber, You get the Positive Living Handbook+My Ebook “The Best of Positive Provocations”+ “Your Self Healing Starter Kit”. Come Join the facebook community & follow me on Twitter and Google+ for Positive Provocations Everyday!
8 thoughts on “54 Love Quotes that promise to Heal and Inspire”
What a wonderful collection, adding this to my love collection of bookmarks love Suzie xxoo
I love this Zeenat! xx
One of my favorites is listed above; ““The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” ~ Helen Keller I love this because it captures an intuitive empaths journey through life.
Yay, thanks for sharing your mushy mushy self! I love these. Today my favorite is the Lucille Ball one: “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
Love these quotes! In addition to the Kindness Junkie, I’m a quote junkie! It’s hard to choose a favorite, but this spoke to me” “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.”
Thank you for sharing these, Zeenat! I especially love the Tom Hanks one at the end. Never heard it before!
Looove your post about love quotes Zeenat! My favorite love quote is “You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free” by Thich Nhat Hanh. Personally, I think love is about freedom, love is about being, love is about individual alignment.
I’m so glad you all enjoyed this collection of love quotes 🙂 Thank you for sharing your favorites. So happy to learn from you all.
Lots of love, Z~
I have always been a lover of quotes. It truly did inspire me.
Comments are closed.