“Greatness IS for ALL of US. We just need to keep Believing in ourselves and follow our dreams.”
I believe we are all meant for great success. I also believe that success is not really black and white, but all shades of colors. Each of us define success in our own way. To some success is the possession of materials large and small, while to some others success is an inner growth of being.
True to this months theme SUCCESS on Positive Provocations, I present to you some on my favorite SUCCESS Quotes below. Why? Well because, quotes from eminent personalities all throughout history inspire me everyday. I am what they call a ‘quote junkie’ and my secret desire to make you one too, so that I have company 😉
Read each quote below and soak in the words, the meanings, the pure inspiration that springs forth from them and then apply them to your lives. Words have power to move mountains, let them do their magic on your heart and soul too.
1) “They can because they think they can.”~ Virgil
2) “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~Thomas Jefferson
3) “Keep steadily before you the fact that all true success depends at last upon yourself.”~Theodore T. Hunger
4) We are all motivated by a keen desire for praise, and the better a man is, the more he is inspired to glory.~ Cicero
5) “The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.”~ Frank Loyd Wright
6) ‘The surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed.”~ Richard Brinsley Sheridan
7) “A failure is a man who has blundered, but is not able to cash in on the experience.”~Elbert Hubbard
8) “There is only one success–to be able to spend your life in your own way.”~ Christopher Morley
9)” To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived—this is to have succeeded.”~ Bessie Anderson Stanley
10) “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ~ Winston Churchill
11) “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.”~ Albert Einstein
12) “So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.”~ Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
13) “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”~ Winston Churchill
14) “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ” ~ Walt Disney
15) “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.”~Vince Lombardi
16) “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.” ~ Bob Dylan
17) “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
18) “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.” ~ Booker T. Washington
19) “Success does not consist in never making blunders, but in never making the same one a second time.” ~
20) “Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration and inspiration.”~
21) “He is great enough who is his own master.” ~Bishop Hail
22) “If you wish success in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius.” ~Jospeph Addison
23) “Impatience never commanded success.” ~Edwin H. Chapin
25) “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci
25) “A thinker sees his own actions as experiments and questions–as attempts to find out something. Success and failure are for him answers above all.”~ Friedrich Nietzsche
26) ”A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.”~David Brinkley
27) “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. ” ~ Bill Cosby
28) “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you. ” ~ Oprah Winfrey
29) “Success is about creating benefit for all and enjoying the process. If you focus on this & adopt this definition, success is yours.” ~ Kelly Kim
30) “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.”~ Robert F. Kennedy
31) “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.” ~ Dalai Lama XIV
32) “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
33) “You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do everyday.” ~ Jason Mraz
34) “To each there comes in their lifetime a special moment when they are figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a very special thing, unique to them and fitted to their talents. What a tragedy if that moment finds them unprepared or unqualified for that which could have been their finest hour.” ~ Winston Churchill
35) “The good news is that the moment you decide that what you know is more important than what you have been taught to believe, you will have shifted gears in your quest for abundance. Success comes from within, not from without.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
36) “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” ~ Napoleon Hill
37) “Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.” ~ Zig Ziglar
38) “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.” ~ Thomas A. Edison
39) “Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.” ~ Robert Strauss
40) “There are many aspects to success; material wealth is only one component. …But success also includes good health, energy and enthusiasm for life, fulfilling relationships, creative freedom, emotional and psychological stability, a sense of well-being, and peace of mind.” ~ Deepak Chopra
41) “Possessions, outward success, publicity, luxury – to me these have always been contemptible. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body and the mind.” ~ Albert Einstein
42) “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” ~ Michael Jordan
43) “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~ Thomas Jefferson
44) “Men are born to succeed, not to fail.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
45) “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
46) “Success is…knowing your purpose in life, growing to reach your maximum potential, and sowing seeds that benefit others.” ~ John C. Maxwell
47) “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.” ~ Henry Ford
48) “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.”~ Swami Vivekananda
49) “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” ~ Harriet Tubman
50) “Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.”~ Winston Churchill
51) “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory.” ~ Gandhi
Over to YOU: Which is YOUR favorite SUCCESS Quote? Have I missed it here? Please share it in the comments below. You know the quotes junkie in me will thank you 🙂
Note: In the next article/post we will discuss spiritual success and how to attain it. Stay tuned! <hugs>
With Immense Love & Gratitude,
Counseling Psychologist/ Spiritual Counselor
GET YOUR ‘HAPPINESS GOODIES’!!!
Get the latest articles(FREE) as soon as they are published, by Email OR RSS.PLUS if you are an Email Subscriber, You get the Positive Living Handbook(new 2012 release!)+My Ebook “The Best of Positive Provocations”+ “Your Self Healing Starter Kit”+a free Positive Newsletter every month with the months highlights+Positive Living Affirmations +New Tips and articles which are Exclusively for Email Subscribers and not published anywhere else. Come Join the facebook community & follow me on Twitter and Google+ for Positive Provocations Everyday!
♥♥”Please Share this article on your favorite social networks. Every share, like or tweet makes me reach more people who need a positive healing nudge in their lives. Thank you!”♥♥
17 thoughts on “51 Famous SUCCESS Quotes to Positively Inspire You”
Love no.31, 46 and 50. Great set of quotes, Zeenat. I am a quote junkie too! Love your theme for this month!
I am inspired.
Thanks Zeenat, This a great collection of quotes! I might have to borrow a few for my blog! I think my favorite is #29, but very hard to pick.
Love these quotes. I’ll definitely come back to this when I need some inspiration.
Thanks for the inspiration, the virgil quote sums it up so well.
My favourite is no 40, all are an inspiration though! thank yhou!
The quotes realy make sense and also inspiring kudos!
I love these quotes! I copied a few down, too.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Love the quotes, Zeenat. All great – this one I will post where I can see it each day. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” ~ Michael Jordan Definitely a keeper!
I’ve happily printed out your useful list to place on pages of my appointment calendar! Here’s one I already use. It is an odd, idiomatic sentence, but I love regionalism in language. This admonition is used in the American South to express simultaneous pragmatism and hopefulness. It’s a variation of the familiar encouragement that begins “If at first you don’t succeed…”
“Won’t nothin’ beat a failure…but a try.”
That calendar is going to definitely take you places after so many quotes go in there.
And I love the “Won’t nothin’ beat a failure…but a try.” new twist to the older ones. We do need new twists to keep us motivated eh 😉
Lovely seeing you here after so long.
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and quotes here. I loved reading your comments here. How fun that we all share a LOVe for quotes 🙂
Love and hugs to you all.
Thanks for the great list of nice quotes. I love quotes because it’s consist of many great wisdom and life experience within. 🙂
Nothing beats some inspirational quotes! Thanks for sharing =)
This is great list.. I got goosebumps while reading each and every quote!
You should some thoughts of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates too!
Thanks for sharing this list 😉
Pingback: Awesome Stories 1.26 | writing to freedom
Comments are closed.