“The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.” ~ Michelle Obama
Women’s Day often brings with it empowering feelings for me as a woman. It makes me think of all the women who were brave and sacrificed so much to bring about the freedom and rights we enjoy today. I feel like they have paved the way for us to be who we want to be unabashedly.
Women today are mothers, daughters, sisters, friends, empaths, nurturers, care-takers, revolutionaries, scientists, doctors, healers, astronauts, writers, historians, visionaries, poets….whoever they want to be.
Each woman wears many hats in just one single moment. Yet, she does it with such finesse, you would think she was born with such amazing abilities…and you would be right. She is born with amazing powers. A Woman is not just all those hats she wears, she is above all a CREATOR a creator of Positive Change. Whether she is a working girl or a homemaker, she CREATES Positive change is the most loving and subtle ways.
A Woman Nurtures the Life within her. She nurtures it despite all odds, brings it into this world, and molds this little life into one BIG beautiful life. This life then goes and touches all with its amazing love, only to then create another life. Such is the miracle of a Woman. She not only nurtures her children, but also all those other children she comes across. She gives and gives and gives…all so openly. Her heart is deeper than any ocean and bigger than any Universe.
Women of the world…the daughters, the mothers, the aunts, the wives, the grandmothers, the sisters, the soul sisters, the ultimate nurturers..get UP and embrace your inner awesomeness! It’s time to empower ourselves!
Empowered is a word that gets said way too much, even though many people do not understand exactly what it means. Women, often want to be known as empowered. As a woman in today’s world, I want to feel empowered too! The idea of being an empowered woman implies that you are in control of your life. There is a bit of feminism in this, but truly many women want to feel that they are empowered and in control of their lives. The question is how do you get there? What makes an empowered woman? If these are the questions that you have been asking yourself, then you will want to keep reading.
Every woman has the ability to take charge of her life with grace, strength, and confidence—including you. That’s right, the power to be happy and fulfilled lies in your own hands. So why not live the life of your dreams? It may be easier than you think.
Ways To Be an Empowered Woman
An empowered woman knows who she is. Many women today feel as though they have lost themselves. Maybe they gave too much in a relationship that didn’t work out. Maybe they put too much time into work and not enough time into themselves. Maybe they feel lost in the challenges of motherhood. Regardless, many women need to spend some time getting to know themselves. Knowing yourself goes way beyond what you do or who you are. Knowing yourself means understanding your own strengths and weaknesses. Do you work best by yourself or on a team? Do you communicate well? Are you organized? Are you a leader? These are questions that the empowered woman knows the answers to, because the empowered woman understands who she is as a person.
Love and Take Care of Yourself:
“I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.” ~ Lucille Ball
You know, the airplane safety video says, “Put your own oxygen mask on first.” You can’t take care of others if you’re running out of air yourself. An empowered woman knows she NEEDs to take care of her needs, if she wants everything in her life to work in perfect harmony. Being empowered means you take care of you, your needs, your health and your heart. You exercise, you eat right, you meditate, you play, you laugh, you giggle. And above all, you know loving yourself is not self indulgent, infact its necessary for your own survival.
Own Your Happiness:
Your happiness is your own responsibility. An empowered woman knows, happiness comes from within and not from external sources. You might get down, have a bad day or be going through a tough time, but you know they are all external factors and can have no effect on your core happiness. Being empowered means you OWN your happiness and dont allow anything or anyone to create havoc within. You stand guard of your happiness, cause you know your sanity depends on it. Your bliss depends on it. When things are at ease on the inside, you know when to shift your perspective from the negative to the positive and everything falls into place eventually.
Never ever stop learning. Freeing and expanding your mind is one of the most imperative step toward empowering yourself, so educate yourself in any way you can. Even if you don’t have a formal education there are still plenty of ways to increase your knowledge on your own. Taking the initiative to teach yourself something new is one of the most empowering things you can do. Read books, go to the library or a bookstore, join a book club, or do research on the Internet. Why not sign up for a class that interests you? It can be as simple as knitting or as complex as physics. The point is to explore an area you have never explored before. Look for weekend workshops in your newspaper or drop by your local institutes to see what classes they have to offer. And if you are a busy mom with no time to take a class, check out an educational book from the library and read a few pages before bed each night. A smart woman is an empowered woman. Noone dare mess with thee.
Know What YOU Want:
An empowered woman knows what she wants. This means that she has goals and dreams for her life. They may or may not include marriage, a family, or rising up the career ladder. Regardless of what the goals are, the empowered woman knows what she wants out of life. This enables her to act in ways that will move her closer to these goals. If she has a goal of getting married, then she will date with that goal in mind. If she has a goal of advancing in her career, then she will work with the idea of earning an eventual promotion. No matter what the goals are, having them clearly mentally defined enables the empowered woman to go after what she wants. Are you going after what you want?6
An empowered woman makes deep connections, both personal and professional. This means that she knows people, but it goes deeper than that. The empowered woman has a network of people that she has relationships with and can count on. They may be business relationships or personal ones, but she knows that she can count on these people. The business relationships may be people she can count on to help with a project or give honest feedback. The personal relationships may be friends that she can rely on when she needs them. The connections that an empowered woman makes are with people whom she can help and who can inturn help her to become a better person.
Don’t be afraid to go after your dreams. No dream is too big or unobtainable. An empowered woman knows that she can accomplish anything she sets out to do, it is simply a matter of perseverance, believing in yourself, and following your heart. If you truly believe in your dreams you can make them happen. But in order to do this you must try. Consider making a vision board to illustrate and remind yourself of all the goals you would like to accomplish. Listen to your heart. It was put there to empower you.
An empowered woman empowers others. This is maybe the most difficult but most rewarding of all. An empowered woman can encourage other women to strive for what they want. She doesn’t pull people down but instead helps them to discover their full potential. This enables her to contribute positively to the lives of other women that she knows.
Top 50 Positive Quotes By Empowering Women
1) “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” ~ Oprah Winfrey(Entrepreneur/Personality)
2) “Women have to harness their power – it’s absolutely true. It’s just learning not to take the first no. And if you can’t go straight ahead, you go around the corner.” ~ Cher (Actress/Singer)
3) “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” ~ Anne Sweeney (President of Walt Disney)
4) “We cannot change what we are not aware of, and once we are aware, we cannot help but change.” ~ Sheryl Sandberg (COO of Facebook)
5) “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” ~ Helen Keller (Author/Political Activist)
6) “I work really hard at trying to see the big picture and not getting stuck in ego. I believe we’re all put on this planet for a purpose, and we all have a different purpose… When you connect with that love and that compassion, that’s when everything unfolds.” ~ Ellen DeGeneres(Comedian/Personality/Philanthropist)
7) “It is this belief in a power larger than myself and other than myself, which allows me to venture into the unknown and even the unknowable.”~ Maya Angelou (Author/Poet/Educator)
8) “I don’t believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person, and don’t judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free.” ~ Angelina Jolie(Actress/Philanthropist)
9) “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” ~ Sara Blakely (Founder of Spanx – Worlds Youngest Female Billionaire)
10) “I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” ~ Audrey Hepburn(Actress)
11) “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” ~ Marissa Mayer (CEO of Yahoo)
12) “The fullness of Joy is to behold God in everything.” ~ Julian of Norwich(English anchoress, Christian mystic)
13) “You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.” ~Michelle Obama (The First African-American 1st Lady)
14) “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” ~ Marianne Williamson (Author)
15) “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” ~ Mother Teresa(Philanthropist/Charity Worker)
16) “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” ~Arianna Huffington (AOL/Editor In Chief of Huffington Post)
17) “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” ~ Ayn Rand (Novelist/Philosopher)
18) “I used to walk down the street like I was a super star… I want people to walk around delusional about how great they can be – and then to fight so hard for it every day that the lie becomes the truth.” ~ Lady Gaga(Singer/Songwriter)
19) “The only way to do something in depth is to work hard. The moment you start being in love with what you’re doing, and thinking it’s beautiful or rich, then you’re in danger.” ~Miuccia Prada (Owner, Fashion Designer of Prada)
20) “I’m fearless, I don’t complain. Even when horrible things happen to me, I go on”. ~ Sofia Vergara(Entrepreneur/Actress)
21) “If you are successful, it is because somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a life or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember also that you are indebted to life until you help some less fortunate person, just as you were helped.” ~ Melinda Gates (Philanthropist)
22) “Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it.” ~Diane Sawyer (ABC/World News/Disney)
23) “I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.” ~Virginia Rometty (CEO of IBM)
24) “As a leader, I am tough on myself and I raise the standard for everybody; however, I am very caring because I want people to excel at what they are doing so that they can aspire to be me in the future.” ~ Indra Nooyi (CEO of PepsiCo)
25) “Do one thing every day that scares you.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt (First Lady of The US , 1933 – 1945)
26) “Women are the real architects of society.” ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe(American abolitionist and author)
27) “I believe we would be happier to have a personal revolution in our individual lives and go back to simpler living and more direct thinking. It is the simple things of life that make living worthwhile, the sweet fundamental things such as love and duty, work and rest, and living close to nature.” ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder(Author)
28) “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got.” ~ Janis Joplin(Song Writer/Singer)
29) “Women are no longer victims. They have become leaders. They are at the forefront of the demonstrations. We will share a role in all aspects of life, side by side with men.” ~ Tawakkul Karman (Nobel Peace prize winner, Yemeni journalist, politician, human rights activist)
30) “Stress is an alarm clock that lets you know you’re attached to something not true for you.” ~Byron Katie(speaker and author)
31) “I want to live my life, not record it.” ~ Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis(wife of the 35th President of the United States, John F. Kennedy)
32) “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.” ~ Elizabeth Kübler-Ross (Swiss American psychiatrist, a pioneer in near-death studies and the author of “On Death and Dying”)
33) “If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.” ~ Peace Pilgrim (spiritual teacher, mystic, pacifist, vegetarian activist and peace activist)
34) “Only do what your heart tells you.” ~ Princess Diana (Princess of Wales, well known for her fund raising and charity work)
35) “You will never truly know yourself or the strength of your relationships until both have been tested by adversity.” ~ J.K. Rowling (British novelist, best known as the author of the ‘Harry Potter Series’)
36) “What is it you want to change? Your hair, your face, your body? Why? For God is in love with all those things and he might weep when they are gone.” ~ St. Catherine of Sienna (Scholastic philosopher and theologian)
37) “The corporate revolution will collapse if we refuse to buy what they are selling – their ideas, their version of history, their wars, their weapons, their notion of inevitability. Remember this: We be many and they be few. They need us more than we need them.” ~Arundhati Roy ( Indian author, political activist, best known for the 1998 Man Booker Prize for Fiction-winning novel ‘The God of Small Things’ which also happens to be my favourite fiction books of all time)
38) “There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.” ~ Martha Graham (dancer and choreographer)
39) “Use your life to wake you up.” ~ Pema Chodron (ordained nun, author, teacher in the Shambhala Buddhist lineage Trungpa)
40) “You can tell people of the need to struggle, but when the powerless start to see that they really can make a difference, nothing can quench the fire.” ~ Leymah Gbowee (Liberian peace activist)
41) “When I look at my goal, my goal is peace.” ~Malala Yousafzai(Pakistani school pupil and education activist)
42) “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story–I will.” ~ Amy Schumer(stand-up comedian and actress)
43) “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.” ~ Hillary Clinton(Former First Lady of The United States, Politician, Diplomat, Lawyer, Writer, and Public Speaker)
44) “Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.” ~ Malala Yousafzai(Pakistani school pupil and education activist)
45) “I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femaleness and my femininity. And I want to be respected in all of my femaleness because I deserve to be.” ~ Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie(Nigerian novelist, Feminist)
46) “I don’t want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself.” ~ Emma Watson(English actress, model, and activist)
47) “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” ~ Madonna(singer-songwriter, actress and businesswoman)
48) “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.”~ Maya Angelou (Author/Poet/Educator)
49) “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” ~ Rihanna(Barbadian singer, songwriter, actress, and businesswoman)
50) “I think the best role models for women are people who are fruitfully and confidently themselves, who bring light into the world.” ~ Meryl Streep(Actress. Often described as the “best actress of her generation”)
Yay to all Women everywhere! Rejoice. Celebrate. Live. Cause You are Stronger than any mountain and can fly higher than any rocket ship.
You are God’s Special Creation.
Happy Women’s Day darlings! Have a beautilicious day/week/month/life full of glitter and sparkle…Cause come on, its our day everyday! 🙂
Tell me in the comments what YOU are going to do to Empower yourself? Think about how you’re going to become a positively empowered being. And, If you are a man … go love and honor the women in your life.
Thank you SO much for reading! If this article touched your heart, please share it on your favorite social networks. Every share, like or tweet makes me reach more people who need a positive healing nudge in their lives. I appreciate you! And, If you’re new, please subscribe for free updates by email. Love always, ~Zeenat~
For Online Counseling with me please CLICK HERE!
8 thoughts on “On Being An Empowered Woman + Top 50 Positive Quotes By Empowering Women”
This is a fantastic list with great quotes, Zeenat. To us women! ♥
Wow! So many great thoughts in one post. We women need to encourage and support one another, like you do, Zeenat.
There are too many good ones here to even begin to try to pick a favorite. Thank you for this inspiring list!
Zeenat – I love all these ways you suggest to be an empower woman. They aren’t superficial, they go deep and thus make deep positive changes. And the quotes are awesome too. They will inspire me for a long time to come!
I just love reading inspirational quotes. You’ve got a great list here for empowering women! Thank you for compiling it.
What a fantastic list, Zeenat! My heart is full, reading these empowering words. Great job putting it together! Thank you so much!
So many brilliant thoughts here Zeenat. So inspiring and encouraging. Love this article. I raise my cup to women who empower. 🙂
This a wonderful list, Zeenat. Perfect timing for the International Women’s Day. Always good to receive that reminder to empower ourselves.
Comments are closed.