“May the gratitude in my heart kiss all the universe.” ~ Hafiz
Gratitude can mean many things to many people, but in its simplistic essence it means “being thankful”. It’s developing the attitude of gratitude for everything in our life. Big or small. Good or bad.
All great spiritual masters, thought leaders, successful entrepreneur etc. have emphasised the need to live in gratitude for true success. For when we can’t appreciate what we have, how can we appriciate what is going to come to us. We will be too blinded by the negativity, to even notice a blessing/opportunity, even if its right under our nose.
While we all understand this meaning of gratitude, do we really imbibe it in our life?
I personally believe in the power of gratitude and more so in the power of having a daily gratitude practice. The first step in healing all past pain and trauma begins with gratitude. Vibrationally, as we are all energy beings, Love & Gratitude top the list of emotions that have the highest vibration. There has been research done by the likes of Louise Hay, Dr. Joe Dispenza, Dr. Bruce Lipton, Deepak Chopra etc. on the targetted benefits of practicing gratitude daily on mind-body-soul.
5 Gratitude Practices to Raise Your Vibration
“Opening your eyes to more of the world around you can deeply enhance your gratitude practice.” ~ Derrick Carpenter
Here are 5 tried and tested gratitude practices, that will raise your vibration so that you can tune into the beautiful Unversal vibration of love and happiness daily.
1} Be grateful in bad situations: Often it’s in the bad situations that our faith in the Divine is tested the most. It is especially in these situations when you need to focus on the good instead. No matter how difficult the situation is, focus on one small good thing/person/lesson to be thankful for and keep your energy on that feeling. This conscious effort to stay in a positive vibration instead of a negative one has the power to expand your energy field ten folds.
2} Be thankful in advance: One of the most powerful forms of gratitude is the kind you can feel in advance. Like saying, “I am grateful for what tomorrow will bring.” or “I am thankful for the blessing of tomorrow’s meeting/presentation/exam etc.” The reason this form of gratitude practice is so powerful is, that you are already fine tuning your energies for the day/event ahead of time, thereby ensuring that the Universe follows through. It also brings forth a level of faith in the Divine that only works wonders on your mental state.
3} Do a Gratitude Walk: As a practice when you feel muddled and confused, go for a walk, a gratitude walk. This walk can become your daily walk as well…While you walk, notice things around you and find the good in them. Notice nature, feel the fresh air, notice the innocent smile of a child, admire a wonderfully playful pet. This conscious effort to look outside of yourself and feel grattiude for the things around you has a positive effect on your complete vibration. One, it will make you shift your focus towards the wonder and awe of the universe. Two, it will offer clarity of thought, so that when you go back home you can calmly handle the situation, rather than get agigitated as you would’ve before the walk. If you can maintain this gratitude walk daily, you will live in a calm and serene mind, which is such a heavenly state. Try it 🙂
4} Maintain a Gratitude Jar: This one has been tried and tested so many times, you can see Pinterest images of beautiful gratitude jars all over the place. To maintain a gratitude jar all you need is a jar and small pieces of paper and a pen. As a ritual, daily or atleast thrice a week, you and your family members can write what they are grateful for and put the chit in the jar. As the jar keeps filling up, you will feel your mood feeling better too. And on the off day, when you or any of your family members are feeling down, you can open up the jar and read a few of the notes you wrote. This will instantly bring you back to the vibration of gatefulness and make you feel oh so good. I already have a huge jar all planned to start for 2020 ❤
5} Write a Gratitude Journal: For those of you who have been reading the articles here, know how much I vouch for the healing benefits of a gratitude journal. I can’t emphasize on the importance of writing a gratitude journal enough. Its healing, its calming, it provides clarity, it helps you set posiive goals, it empowers you to do more and be more. All you need is a small note book dedicated to writing 5 things you are grateful for daily. You can ideally do this before going to bed, as it helps you to relive your day and find the good in it, thereby helping you to sleep in a vibration of thankfulness.
It is important for you to create a daily practice of gratitude which is easy, sustainable and consistent.
50 Inspiring Gratitude Quotes
And now, since we must ideally be in the vibration of gratitude daily, not just on Thanksgivings or World Gratitude day, here are some of the most inspiring gratitude quotes to keep you motivated to cultivate your very own gratitude practice.
- “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” — Marcel Proust
- “Gratitude is a statement of certainty.” – David Cameron Gikandi
- “To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.” – Johannes A. Gaertner
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
- “I have a lot to be thankful for. I am healthy, happy, and I am loved.” – Reba McEntire
- “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.”— MARCUS TULLIUS CICERO
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: It must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.” —William Faulkner
- “At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Gratitude turns what we have into enough.” – Anonymous
- “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
- “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
- “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
- “Happiness cannot be traveled to owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
- “Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” – Karl Barth
- “No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.” – Alfred North Whitehead
- “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.” – Lionel Hampton
- “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – Gilbert C. Chesterton
- “Gratitude will shift you to a higher frequency, and you will attract much better things.” – Rhonda Byrne
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
- “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” – Buddha
- “Two kinds of gratitude: The sudden kind we feel for what we take; the larger kind we feel for what we give.” – Edwin Arlington Robinson
- “Gratitude is the sweetest thing in a seekers life – in all human life. If there is gratitude in your heart, then there will be tremendous sweetness in your eyes.” Sri Chinmoy
- “As with all commandments, gratitude is a description of a successful mode of living. The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.” – James E. Faust
- “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.” – Mary Davis
- “The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.– William James
- “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” — Ralph H. Blum
- “Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.” – Jacques Maritain
- “The root of joy is gratefulness.” David Steindl-Rast
- “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” – Epictetus
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” ― Melody Beattie
- “Being thankful is not always experienced as a natural state of existence, we must work at it, akin to a type of strength training for the heart.” – Larissa Gomez
- “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” – Thornton Wilder
- “If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.” — Rabbi Harold Kushner
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Gratitude for the present moment and the fullness of life now is the true prosperity.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.” – Aesop
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” – Brian Tracy
- “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” – Doris Day
- “Gratitude is an antidote to negative emotions, a neutralizer of envy, hostility, worry, and irritation. It is savoring; it is not taking things for granted; it is present-oriented.” – Sonja Lyubomirsky
- “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” – Anthony Robbins
- “What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude.” – Brene Brown
- “When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” ― G.K. Chesterton
When it comes to living a more positive, peaceful and productive life we need to work with the laws of the universe to tap into its wonderful vibration. The specific law is that you WILL recieve what you put out.
The universe will always deliver in the right time for the right vibration. While practicing Gratitude, you will automatically raise your vibration. This speeds up the process of enjoying more peace and less stress.
Honestly, being in this state of Gratitude works like magic. The catch though is Daily Practice.
❤ Do you have any gratitude practices you would like to share? Which practice from the above most resonated with you? Please share them in the comments. ❤
For Online Counseling with me please CLICK HERE!
❤ Thank you SO much for your presence here! ❤
If this article touched your heart, please share it on your favorite social networks. Every share, like or tweet makes me reach more people who need a positive healing nudge in their lives. I appreciate you! And, If you’re new, please subscribe for free updates by email.
❤ Love always, ~Zeenat~ ❤