ON the occasion of Women’s Day I feel Empowered. I feel happy. I feel this is OUR time, to BE who we truly want to BE.
Women today are mothers, daughters, sisters, friends, empaths, nurturers, care-takers, revolutionaries, scientists, doctors, healers, astronauts, writers, historians, visionaries, poets….whoever they want to be.
Each woman wears many hats in just one single moment. Yet, she does it with such finesse, you would think she was born with such amazing abilities…and you would be right. She is born with amazing powers. A Woman is not just all those hats she wears, she is above all a CREATOR a creator of Positive Change. Whether she is a working girl or a homemaker, she CREATES Positive change is the most loving and subtle ways.
A Woman Nurtures the Life within her. She nurtures it despite all odds, brings it into this world, and molds this little life into one BIG beautiful life. This life then goes and touches all with its amazing love, only to then create another life. Such is the miracle of a Woman. She not only nurtures her children, but also all those other children she comes across. She gives and gives and gives…all so openly. Her heart is deeper than any ocean and bigger than any Universe.
A gift of 41 Positive Quotes by 41 Empowered Women ~ Happy Women’s Day!
1) “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey (Entrepreneur/Personality)
2) “Women have to harness their power – it’s absolutely true. It’s just learning not to take the first no. And if you can’t go straight ahead, you go around the corner.” – Cher (Actress/Singer)
3) “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” – Anne Sweeney (President of Walt Disney)
4) “We cannot change what we are not aware of, and once we are aware, we cannot help but change.” – Sheryl Sandberg (COO of Facebook)
5) “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller (Author/Political Activist)
6) “I work really hard at trying to see the big picture and not getting stuck in ego. I believe we’re all put on this planet for a purpose, and we all have a different purpose… When you connect with that love and that compassion, that’s when everything unfolds.” – Ellen DeGeneres (Comedian/Personality/Philanthropist)
7) “It is this belief in a power larger than myself and other than myself, which allows me to venture into the unknown and even the unknowable.”– Maya Angelou (Author/Poet/Educator)
8) “I don’t believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person, and don’t judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free.” – Angelina Jolie (Actress/Philanthropist)
9) “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely (Founder of Spanx – Worlds Youngest Female Billionaire)
10) “I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn (Actress)
11) “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” – Marissa Mayer (CEO of Yahoo)
12) “The fullness of Joy is to behold God in everything.” – Julian of Norwich (English anchoress, Christian mystic)
13) “You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.” –Michelle Obama (The First African-American 1st Lady)
14) “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson (Author)
15) “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa (Philanthropist/Charity Worker)
16) “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” –Arianna Huffington (AOL/Editor In Chief of Huffington Post)
17) “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand (Novelist/Philosopher)
18) “I used to walk down the street like I was a super star… I want people to walk around delusional about how great they can be – and then to fight so hard for it every day that the lie becomes the truth.” – Lady Gaga (Singer/Songwriter)
19) “The only way to do something in depth is to work hard. The moment you start being in love with what you’re doing, and thinking it’s beautiful or rich, then you’re in danger.” – Miuccia Prada (Owner, Fashion Designer of Prada)
20) “I’m fearless, I don’t complain. Even when horrible things happen to me, I go on”. – Sofia Vergara (Entrepreneur/Actress)
21) “If you are successful, it is because somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a life or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember also that you are indebted to life until you help some less fortunate person, just as you were helped.” – Melinda Gates (Philanthropist)
22) “Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it.” – Diane Sawyer (ABC/World News/Disney)
23) “I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.” – Virginia Rometty (CEO of IBM)
24) “As a leader, I am tough on myself and I raise the standard for everybody; however, I am very caring because I want people to excel at what they are doing so that they can aspire to be me in the future.” – Indra Nooyi (CEO of PepsiCo)
25) “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt (First Lady of The US , 1933 – 1945)
26) “Women are the real architects of society.” ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe (American abolitionist and author)
27) “I believe we would be happier to have a personal revolution in our individual lives and go back to simpler living and more direct thinking. It is the simple things of life that make living worthwhile, the sweet fundamental things such as love and duty, work and rest, and living close to nature.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder(Author)
28) “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got.” – Janis Joplin(Song Writer/Singer)
29) “Women are no longer victims. They have become leaders. They are at the forefront of the demonstrations. We will share a role in all aspects of life, side by side with men.” – Tawakkul Karman (Nobel Peace prize winner, Yemeni journalist, politician, human rights activist)
30) “Stress is an alarm clock that lets you know you’re attached to something not true for you.” –Byron Katie(speaker and author)
31) “I want to live my life, not record it.” – Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis (wife of the 35th President of the United States, John F. Kennedy)
32) “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.” –Elizabeth Kübler-Ross (Swiss American psychiatrist, a pioneer in near-death studies and the author of “On Death and Dying”)
33) “If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.” – Peace Pilgrim (spiritual teacher, mystic, pacifist, vegetarian activist and peace activist)
34) “Only do what your heart tells you.” – Princess Diana (Princess of Wales, well known for her fund raising and charity work)
35) “You will never truly know yourself or the strength of your relationships until both have been tested by adversity.” – J.K. Rowling (British novelist, best known as the author of the ‘Harry Potter Series’)
36) “What is it you want to change? Your hair, your face, your body? Why? For God is in love with all those things and he might weep when they are gone.” – St. Catherine of Sienna (Scholastic philosopher and theologian)
37) “The corporate revolution will collapse if we refuse to buy what they are selling – their ideas, their version of history, their wars, their weapons, their notion of inevitability. Remember this: We be many and they be few. They need us more than we need them.” – Arundhati Roy ( Indian author, political activist, best known for the 1998 Man Booker Prize for Fiction-winning novel ‘The God of Small Things’ which also happens to be my favourite fiction books of all time)
38) “There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.” – Martha Graham (dancer and choreographer)
39) “Use your life to wake you up.” – Pema Chodron (ordained nun, author, teacher in the Shambhala Buddhist lineage Trungpa)
40) “You can tell people of the need to struggle, but when the powerless start to see that they really can make a difference, nothing can quench the fire.” – Leymah Gbowee (Liberian peace activist)
41) “When I look at my goal, my goal is peace.” —Malala Yousafzai (Pakistani school pupil and education activist)
Yay to all Women everywhere! Rejoice. Celebrate. Live. Cause You are Stronger than any mountain and can fly higher than any rocket ship.
You are God’s Special Creation.
Happy Women’s Day!
Special note to all the lovely men reading this article: Please treat the women in your life with love and utmost respect. You know they are worth it
♥♥”Please, Share this article on your favourite social networks. Every share, like or tweet makes me reach more people who need a positive healing nudge in their lives. Thank you!”♥♥
With Immense Love & Gratitude,
Other Positive Articles you will love: