Are you a movie buff like me? Do you love inspiring movies? If your answer is ‘yes’ then this post will inspire you BIG time!!!
I love the Movies. They are a great escape from reality at times and are a great source of relaxation and entertainment.
I enjoy all sorts of movies, but get especially touched by the picturesque artsy stories. I like movies that offer something deeper than just entertainment….I love a movie with a story that can inspire me and move me to be More, to Do More. There are some movies that offer something deeper. Today I want to share with you some inspiring movie quotes that offer such wisdom that will definitely positively lift your spirit and inspire you.
So here goes…in no particular order, my…
Top 10+1 Movie Quotes to Positively Lift Your Spirit and Inspire YOU
1) “Every man dies, but not every man really lives.” – Mel Gibson as William Wallace in Braveheart.
This quote is as applicable today, if not more, than it was in the 13th century. Death is inevitable, but it is life that scares the living hell out of most of us. It is easy to fall into the trap of being like an automaton. William Wallace helps remind us that life is a great adventure and no matter how far we have gone we can hop right back on the train and LIVE again.
2) “You get what you settle for.” – Susan Sarandon as Louise Sawyer in Thelma and Louise.
Lately there has been a lot of attention on books about the universal law of abundance and attraction. This quote from Thelma and Louise sums it up quite nicely. Where we put our intention and energy is what we attract into our life. If we put our intention on what we don’t want we will get more of it.
3) “I can’t tell you any sure way to happiness. I only know that you’ve got to go out and find it for yourselves.” – Gene Lockhart as Dr. Seldon in Carousel.
When you go to the self-help section of any bookstore you will find ten million books about obtaining happiness. If you just type Self Help on Google you will be given millions of blogs and websites on how to be happy. However, no one can tell you what will make you happy or how to become happier. You have to discover your own joy and let it come through you.
4) “When you forgive, you love, and when you love, God’s light shines on you.” Hal Holbrook as Ron Franz in Into the Wild.
Forgiveness is acceptance, acceptance is love and love is the light. It doesn’t get any more direct than this quote. Our world is one that constantly holds a grievance against something or someone. A very unhealthy way of living for sure. If we can learn to forgive we will have the grace of god shining through us and on us. Love indeed is light.
5) “There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same – only love.” – Johnny Depp as Don Juan in Don Juan DeMarco.
Oh wow..now this is one of my favorite movie quotes of all time. Don Juan asks four of the fundamental questions of life and the answers are all the same: LOVE. Love is where we come from, who we are and where we are going. This quote also helps remind me of how small so many of our problems are. If you are ever bothered by the small stuff ask yourself what is sacred? Ask yourself of what is Divinity made of? If you can remember the answer is love you will help put an end to your own suffering.
6) “There is only one freedom of any importance, freedom of the mind.” – Judi Dench as Iris Murdoch in Iris.
Life can be complicated at times. If you are a prisoner of your thoughts and dysfunctional feelings then you have no freedom. The ability to free your mind of all its unhealthy junk is the only way out. I keep this quote on my fridge, on my desk and in my wallet as a constant reminder of what freedom really is.
7) “You got a dream, you got to protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you that you can’t do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.” – Will Smith as Chris Gardner in The Pursuit of Happyness.
My hubby and I love this move. It stands for so much and reminds us of what truly can be achieved once we put our mind to it. This quote is another reminder of the universal law of abundance. How many people have dreams and visions that sing to them, but are too afraid to do anything about it. Many who turn away from their dream turn negative and try to keep others down with them. Our dreams are precious messages from the heavens and we must protect them at all costs. We must also try to have compassion for those who are negative for they are in pain and we must make an effort to stir them positively.
8) “There’s a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.” – Laurence Fishburne in The Matrix as Morpheus.
This quote could very well be straight out of the Tao Te Ching. Morpheus reminds us that we can never really know it, we can only be it. What keeps many of us from going after our dream is inertia. We must take that first step and start walking the path of the larger journey. Our big dreams await.
9) “Winners forget they’re in a race, they just love to run.” – Joe Pesci as Simon Wilder in With Honors.
Now this is an amazing quote. It almost seems like a novel concept, doesn’t it? People who are truly successful live with passion. Those who succeed don’t spend a lot of time fretting about the results. If you love what you do success will come as naturally as a sun rise.
10) “Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back.
Yoda is so the way 🙂 All of the quotes in this article are accurate pointers to the truth. However none hit the mark like this one. The concept of trying is something the mind invents to keep us locked in an unhealthy prison. We either do it or we don’t. It doesn’t even matter what results we achieve. Life is in the doing. I keep this quote on my wall so I can constantly be reminded of its truth.
11) ….This one is for YOU….(Whats YOUR Favorite inspiring movie or movie quote?)Now its your turn darling reader…Which movies have inspired you and touched your heart? Share your favorites in the comments below and lets create an endless list here. You ready?? 🙂
Thank you SO much for being here today! If you’re new here, please subscribe for free updates by email(with Positive Happiness Goodies). And, if this article touched your heart, please take a moment to share it on your favorite social networks. Every share, like or tweet makes me reach more people who need a positive healing nudge in their lives. I appreciate you!
For Online Counseling with me please CLICK HERE!
With Immense Love & Gratitude,
Other Articles You will love:
- 7 Positive Life Lessons from #RUMI
- 16 Reasons Why Fasting is Spiritually and Physically Beneficial
- How and Why you NEED to Surround Yourself with Positive People
- BEING LOVE by Dr. Debra L. Reble ~ Book Review and Author Interview #BeingLOVE
- Instant Happiness, Connectedness and 7 Years of Positive Provocations