“The trouble is, you think you have time.” ~ Buddha
This past year has been many things for me – tumultuous, uneven, unexpectedly high, super low(at times), downright crazy, emotionally high-strung, thoroughly healing with immense growing etc.
But the one constant thought that stayed with me is the words of Buddha…The trouble is, you think you have time! Honestly, this thought never left me and it is even more stronger in my head now as I usher in the next year. I’ll tell you why in just a little bit.
I saw highs in 2016 like immense growth of Positive Provocations subscriber base, blossoming of my little girl into this beautiful person who is all heart(yay! happy mommy 🙂 ), Successfully Counseled countless Souls, friends that came back after years, healthier me, confidence levels boosted like NEVER before, awards and accolades, ideas and inspiration for businesses etc etc.
But there were lows too! Those lows are where all the learning came from. Those low points in 2016 are what jolted me back to that healthier, confident and more loving state I am in right now. So, I must acknowledge them.
2 Life Lessons from 2016
Life lessons come in the most unexpected ways for us all. Some come quietly and some come with bells and whistles. But they do come. If you are anything like me, who is always on the path to self refinement, then life lessons are almost in your face all the time. So these lessons are what hit me hard this past year…the learning of which WILL make 2017 more beautiful and productive for sure.
- My need to be RIGHT always is a whole load of crap! Duh…right?! I had a little bit of the ego left in me when this life lesson hit me HARRDD. Here I was thinking I was this calm, cool, evolved person…and then BAM it hit me. In a family feud of sorts, I realized I was operating from a place of ego, rather than love. It was a good thing I realized this while IN the situation. I immediately excused myself from the situation, went outside, did some deep breathing, centered myself and came back to operating from a space of LOVE rather than a space of being RIGHT(which was obviously ego driven). I went back in and almost like magic it all calmed down…the feud then turned into a huge hugging party 🙂 Loving vibrations always work.
- My own Limiting beliefs NEED to be addressed, like NOW! Yup, although I know very well that I have an open mind and a very big heart, I was made to realize that I was still holding on to a few limiting beliefs especially related to Abundance that I needed to change. I’m currently reading Gregg Braden’s ~ The Spontaneous Healing of Belief: Shattering the Paradigm of False Limits which is making me question and work on changing many of my limiting paradigms.
Why 2017 is all about Carpe Diem
“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
With the self refinement right on track for me….let’s get back to CARPE DIEM or putting it simply LETS F*&*ing SEIZE THE DAY!
Over the years I have always chosen WORDS as Positive Intentions for Positive Focus in the beginning of the year. This year in the spirit of Carpe Diem I’m charging forward in 2017 and making literally EVERYDAY count.
So my intention this 2017 is Carpe Diem.
Like I said that Buddha quote about “..you think you have time”, has stayed with me all of 2016…and I know it will carry forward to 2017 unless I really really decide to seize everyday.
I’m done waiting for the right time, the right moment, the perfect circumstances. I’m all about MAKING the right moment COUNT and work for me. Hence 2017 is going to be all about Carpe Diem darlings.
Think about it this way, None of us are promised tomorrow, NONE! No-one, no matter how uber successful or wealthy can promise you they have another day in hand…cause believe me that is one fact we are NOT in control of. What we DO have control of however is THIS DAY.
THIS DAY is mine to do as I please. Its mine to make as I please. Its my chance to work towards that BIG DREAM I keep putting off for someday. There is no someday darlings…there is ONLY today.
Lets Seize this day. Let Seize 2017 and go charging forth.
I really don’t want another year to pass and all that’s left at the end of it is regret for not making my dreams a reality. Pish Posh to that regret bug! Be gone 🙂
Carpe Diem Darlings, Carpe Diem!
This is why 2017 is all about Carpe Diem.
Happy New Year 2017 my darlings. May the Angels always guide you and may Divine Light make your new year Bright and Shiny.
I love each of you for being here, sharing your heart with me on social media and emails. I know I am immensely Grateful for your presence and your energy in my life. You matter to me and to all you encounter.
2017 for Positive Provocations ~
You can look forward to new series of articles every month. January being the month where I make you fully understand and start living with the principle of Carpe Diem. I’m also restarting my monthly Positive Prompt column which will give you practical ways to push you further to become your most positive and loving self. So stay tuned by being on the Email Subscriber list! And ofcourse I am always always here to support your healing. Never hesitate to reach out.
Thank you SO much for reading! If this article touched your heart, please share it on your favorite social networks. Every share, like or tweet makes me reach more people who need a positive healing nudge in their lives. I appreciate you! And, If you’re new, please subscribe for free updates by email. Love always, ~Zeenat~
For Online Counseling with me please CLICK HERE!
Other Articles you will love:
- 7 Positively Simple Rules for a Happy 2017
- Why You NEED to Banish New Year Resolutions & Make ONLY Three Promises
- How Strength, Courage & Wisdom can make your Dreams a Reality
- 5 Positive and Simple Tips to Regain Inner Peace
- Life is like an ice-cream cone