“In times of quietness, our hearts should be like a tree, lifting their branches to heaven to draw down strength which they will need to face the storms that will surely come in life.”~Salesians of Don Bosco
When it comes to inner peace, we all automatically think we have it. If you truly ask yourself this very questions – “Am I peaceful NOW?” the answer often confuses us to a point of just forgetting about it.
What is inner peace? Very simply its being without any kind of inner disturbance- mentally and emotionally. Its a state of being where you are completely calm and tranquil. No externals can hinder this state of being.
Now, think about it…do you truly live in a state of peacefulness? Usually our everyday life takes over our being so totally, that we forget about truly being at peace. Our monkey mind is constantly jumping..to the point that even when we sleep we see dreams of work or things we need to do…rather than beautiful scenes. Which only means one thing, our days are truly NOT peaceful.
Its not always easy to calm our externals i.e. we are constantly bombarded with news of some kind of violence or something not so positive happening around in the world. But what you DO have control over is yourself.
When we calm our mind, our thoughts, our complete being, we create in and around us a beautiful glow of positivity and peace. This glow works as a shield between our Inner peace and the external violence that surrounds us everyday.
Here are 4 Tips or habits which WILL help you to regain your inner peace and get that peaceful inner glow back-
4 Positively Simple Tips to Regain Inner Peace
1. Meditate everyday. Even if its for 5 minutes. Take out the time to breathe and just Be. “I discovered the secret of the sea in meditation upon a dewdrop.” ~ kahlil Gibran
2. Engage in daily prayers. On a regular basis, take out the time to have a heart to heart with The Divine Maker. Share your day, lighten your load in that conversation. You will be amazed at how awesome you feel after it.
3. Read uplifting books. Our days are filled with reading newspapers and magazines, which bombard us with information. Not too much of this is actually uplifting to your spirit. Before going to bed, read a nice motivational or inspirational chapter. It calms your mind, uplifts you and will give you nice peaceful dreams.
4. Commune with Mother Nature-Get out for a 5 minute walk or stroll from your work day. Maybe take a short walk in the morning. Open your eyes and notice the green trees, the flowers, the birds, the beautiful sky, the butterflies. You will come back recharged, amazed and so beautifully calm.
Basically, the idea behind these simple tips is, that in some way, you need to try to remove yourself from the routine of the everyday world that invades your sense of inner peace. These tips help you do just that.
What about you? How do you regain your inner peace? DO you have any tips to share? Please share your wisdom in the comments below and share this article with your friends and family.
**If this article touched your heart, please take a moment to share it on your favorite social networks. Every share, like or tweet makes me reach more people who need a positive healing nudge in their lives. I appreciate you!**
With Immense Love & Gratitude,
More Positive Articles you will love:
- Life is Like a Rainbow
- Lets Heal Together! ~ FREE Online Counseling Session Giveaway
- Become a #Positive and #Loving Person in just 3 Minutes!
- 5 Ways to Create Your Dream Destiny
- The Only Positive FIX to Any Problem